Beta Bytes - Week of August 1stSubmitted by Jodi Vleck , Beta Wealth Group on July 28th, 2020
Snippets of financial news calibrated to local San Diego companies and our client’s interests.
- EvoNexus is one of California’s leading non-profit technology startup incubators with locations in San Diego, Orange County and Silicon Valley.
- The program’s purpose is to assist early-stage companies helping to build the wireless 5G business ecosystem.
- Qualcomm, who has a 10-year long history of collaboration with EvoNexus, will also be sponsoring the program.
- This technology claims to be 70 percent more efficient and operate 10 degrees C cooler than previous generations of Quick Charge.
- They are currently sampling to customers, with devices supporting the standard expected to arrive later this quarter.
- This news came shortly after they appointed Jean-Pascal to the Qualcomm Board of Directors
- No-fee platforms like Robinhood were previously gaining popularity as they allowed novice investors to get into stock trading at a moment of major volatility
- US lawmakers have pressed Robinhood to improve safe guards following physical and financial injuries after using the app.
- The UK debut has been postponed indefinitely, and all global expansion plans have been put on hold.
- Alaska Airlines is adding new nonstop flights between San Diego, Florida and Mexico
- Among the new destinations for Alaska is Cancun, which has not had nonstop service from San Diego in more than a decade
- Alaska says it is preparing for the time when demand grows for leisure travel.